Sunday, January 6, 2013

Book Review: White Girl Problems


Title: White Girl Problems

Author: Babe Walker

Publisher: Hyperion

Release Date:  January 31, 2012

Genre: Chick Lit

Format read in: Paperback

What Goodreads says: Babe Walker, center of the universe, is a painstakingly manicured white girl with an expensive smoothie habit, a proclivity for Louboutins, a mysterious mother she's never met, and approximately 50 bajillion Twitter followers. But her "problems" have landed her in shopping rehab--that's what happens when you spend $246,893.50 in one afternoon at Barneys. Now she's decided to write her memoir, revealing the gut-wrenching hurdles she's had to overcome in order to be perfect in every way, every day. Hurdles such as: - I hate my horse. 
- Every job I've ever had is the worst job I've ever had. 
- He's not a doctor, a lawyer, or a prince. 
- I'll eat anything, as long as it's gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, low-fat, low-calorie, sugar-free, and organic. 
In an Adderall-induced flash of inspiration, Babe Walker has managed to create one of the most enjoyable, unforgettable memoirs in years.


What I say: I thought this book was ok, though I admit that I'm not a huge fan of chick lit. I usually get sucked into one because the plot seems interesting but then I'm only disappointed at the lack of humor, plot and character development. I originally picked this book up because I thought it sounded like my sister would like. My sister, who isn't a reader, and I didn't exchange Christmas gifts this year, but I wanted to get it for her. So I read it first so I could give it to her. I read on the flight back east for the holidays and was happy to give it away to her. I'm sure she'll like it more than I did.
3.59 of 5 stars3.59 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment