Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The First Snow


Silvery flakes drifted down, glittering in the bright light of the harvest moon. The blackbird… flew down and hunted for some food in a nearby plant. I stood there watching out of the window while the steam from my hot coffee left condensation on the cold window. Has it been a year already?

I walked back into the kitchen and dumped the remaining coffee down the sink. I suddenly couldn't stomach drinking the rest of it. The phone rang and I didn't answer it. I took an extra long and extra hot shower. When I stepped out of the shower and breathed in the steam, my head felt like it was in the clouds. Beads of water covered my skin as I contemplated going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head. If only I could have her back. If only I could forget. But I couldn't have her back and I would never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment